MAKE YOURSELF AT HOME - With this slogan, Midea Group has been committed to enriching households and people's lives through innovative technologies and products for over 50 years. Through continuous development, Midea Group is now a global leading technology group in consumer electronics and air conditioning, robotics, industrial automation and logistics. Every day more than 150,000 employees from over 200 countries develop products and solutions for the world of tomorrow.
Midea Europe GmbH is a subsidiary of the Midea Group. With products of the brands Toshiba, Midea, Comfee we offer surprising solutions for our customers in Europe. Rapid growth, daily challenges and opportunities motivate our employees to help shape the Midea success story.
Become part of our team and apply now as:
Consumer & Market Insights Manager, Europe (m/f/d)
Midea Europe GmbH | Eschborn | fulltime | asap
The Consumer & Market Insights team serves as consumer champion and voice of local consumer. The team is responsible to lead and manage all consumer learning plans and insights projects whilst building strong partnership with multiple business teams in our complex organization. We are at the start of setting up CMI function in Europe to build fundamental understanding of our consumers and the markets, so as to provide inspiration and support to the business ambition in the region. As part of our transformation drive, this function will play vital role in helping the business to develop and deliver compelling value in our product offerings to European consumers, while leveraging our advantage as a giant Chinese home appliance manufacturer. We are looking for an experienced insights professional to join the European team based in Eschborn, to steer and execute the regional insights learning plan. This role is key to help transform mindset in the organization, via identifying and contributing rich and refreshing knowledge and insights. The ideal candidate is an outstanding team player with strong sense of ownership and initiative. He/she is equipped with solid research skills, both quantitative and qualitative, which form strong backbone in partnership with key stakeholders including, but not limited to the regional team, local country teams, global team, and product divisions based in China. He/she is an experienced researcher working with consumer products and consumer brands. This is the position for someone with great research passion, solid research know-how, hands-on attitude, good communication and negotiation skills, and tremendous patience and willingness to coach and impart his/her knowledge to peers.
Reporting to Head of Consumer & Market Insights, Region Europe, your key responsibilities are:
Fundamental knowledge & insights buildup:
- Build and own Europe regional knowledge & insight center that packs valuable information to guide and inspire business, including but not limited to regional information and country-specific information.
- Leverage on past and existing information to derive highly relevant learning and deploy it to the organization for concrete implementation. E.g. Euromonitor, GfK, Gartner, past research, etc. Be on top of local market intelligence subscriptions and help product management teams to derive sharp market insights in a timely manner.
- Explore new and relevant data sources to assist the business in understanding the culture, the industry, the market and the category well.
- Regular delivery of such knowledge & insights to inspire teams and input into business. Consumer Research projects implementation and insights generation:
- Work closely with the Regional Head of CMI in designing, executing and delivering regional research roadmap for an exciting portfolio that contains multiple categories of major and small home appliances and air treatment products, based on an in-depth understanding of the business
- Partner with multiple stakeholders including product managers from European teams, product teams based in China, and Sales & Marketing teams in the region via organizing and leading all research and insights projects to input into value proposition development and brand building.
- Help stakeholders to scope research projects, identify knowledge gap, design the approach, and take on full ownership of delivering actionable insights into OBM end to end process, with or without external research partners. Such research could include but not limited to usage & attitudes, ethnography, innovation incubator/design thinking, product testing, brand research, cultural study, and communication.
- Tap into global tools such as AI-based online research platform and deliver agile research projects to the organization.
- Support Global Head of Consumer & Market Insights in developing and implementing the global and regional CMI framework.
- Act as the cultural ambassador representing the voice of consumers and encourage the organization to get close to consumers, through creative and impactful ways to be implemented in local offices, such as regular consumer visits and dialogues, lunch sharing, newsletter and flyers, etc.
- Act as evangelist for a consumer-centric work culture, identify key work process and deliverable to better incorporate and empower voice of consumer, actively propose, experimenting, deploying, and implementing new ways and bringing changes to regional/BU work processes
- 9-12 years of working experience in market research and consumer insight, having worked in such a function at a client-side organization before, or ideally combined experience of both client-side and agency side.
- Solid knowledge and experience in both quantitative and qualitative research.
- Good familiarity with a range of research methodology from upstream to downstream of innovation development process.
- Worked in a regional capacity before.
- Meticulous and detail-oriented, excellent communication skills and strong stakeholder management skills.
- Proactive and patient, adapts quickly. Be able to thrive in a start-up setting and possesses entrepreneurial spirit.
- Pleasant personality, humble and down to earth with strong drive to succeed.
- Fluent in English and German. Another European language is an added plus. Mandarin is a strong advantage.
What we offer:
- An international working environment and agile teamwork
- Goal-oriented and collaborative organizational culture
- Flexible working hours and the possibility of mobile working
- Various opportunities for further training and career development
- Employee benefit programs (e.g. subsidized company pension plan, employee discounts)
What we offer:
If you would like to be part of the Midea success story, please apply via our online portal with your application documents (cover letter, CV, references, salary expectations and earliest possible starting date).