Mancity Buy.Win.Fly Campaign Terms and Conditions
1. By participating in this lucky draw (the “Buy.Win.Fly Midea Manchester City Campaign"), participants shall be deemed to have accepted and agree to be bound by these terms and conditions, the prize(s) will be provided in accordance with and subject to these terms and conditions.
2. This promotion is open to all Malaysian and Malaysia residents who are over 18 years of age except directors, officers and employees (and the immediate families of such persons) of the Promoter, its agencies and companies associated with this Promotion.
3. Entries must comply with these conditions to be valid.
4. The Promotion commences 12:01am, Saturday, 1 July 2023 and closes on 11:59pm, Saturday, 30 September 2023 (“Promotional Period”). Promotional Period may be extended at the Promoter’s sole discretion.
How to Participate
5. Purchase of each Midea Product with valid receipt(s) from any authorised dealers of Midea Scott & English Electronics SDN BHD are eligible for 1 entry to participate in the Promotion. Shoppers are to take a photo of their receipt and upload it onto a site provided by Midea on its in-store communication (POSM) or digital communications via QR code scanning. Participants are expected to retain their (original) receipt / proof of purchase to claim their prize.
6. There is no limit on the number of entries per Participant. One entry per receipt. Each entry becomes the property of the Promoter upon receipt.
7. Each entry must:
a. consist of a fully completed (original) entry form, with particulars clearly filled out;
1. First Name
2. Last Name
3. Contact Number
4. Email Address
5. Serial Number
6. Photograph of serial number
7. Purchase date
8. Purchase location
9. Invoice/Receipt number
10. Purchase value of Midea product(s)
11. Upload Invoice
b. not include any content that is false, untrue and/or inaccurate;
c. be submitted together with a copy of a receipt as proof of purchase of an eligible product;
d. be entirely the original work of the Participant submitting the entry;
e. not contain, promote, incite or instruct any dangerous conduct, or commission of any crime or acts of violence;
f. not contain any inappropriate, defamatory, discriminatory, demeaning, offensive, obscene, indecent, sexually explicit or blasphemous material
g. not contain the personal information of any person other than that of the Participant submitting the entry;
h. not contain any material or content, including but not limited to images, words, music, lyrics, recordings etc. which may breach the intellectual property rights of any third party;
i. not breach any relevant laws and regulations.
8. The prize for the promotion is the following:
Grand Prize: 3x Winner for Trip for 2 pax to Manchester City, United Kingdom to watch home match at the Etihad Stadium. Prizes inclusive of the following (per winner):
o Round Trip Economy Class Air Tickets x2 Round Trip to Manchester City, United Kingdom
o 2x Manchester City Football Club Match Tickets
o Tour in Manchester City
o 5 Days 4 Night Accommodation at a 4 star-hotel or equivalent.
Second Prize: 5x Winner for Products from Midea worth RM 3,588 recommended retail price
Third Prize: 10x Winner for Products from Midea worth RM 1,188 recommended retail price
9. Each Participant shall only be entitled to one prize throughout the Promotion Period. Winner(s) may claim prize(s) conditional upon the following:
o production of original receipt or other proof of purchase of an eligible product – such documentation must clearly specify that an eligible product was purchased during the Promotional Period but prior to submission of the entry;
o Winner(s) must, at the Promoter’s request, participate, without remuneration, in all promotional activity (such as photography, filming and/or publicity events) surrounding the winning of any prize.
o Winner(s) shall forfeit any components of the prize(s) that remain unclaimed, for any reason, within seven (7) days after announcement by the Promoter in its sole discretion
o Winner(s) and travel companion(s) must, at the Promoter’s request, participate, without remuneration, in all promotional activity (such as photography, filming and/or publicity events) surrounding the use of or participation in the travel component of the prize(s).
o Winner(s) and travel companion(s) consent(s) to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media globally and in perpetuity without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this Promotion (including any outcome thereof), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter. Winner(s) and travel companion(s) acknowledge(s) and agree(s) that the Promoter has the right to edit, adapt, modify, reproduce, promote, and otherwise use the promotional materials created, including videos and photographs, to produce public relations materials, magazine printed ads, editorials, marketing tools and other printed matters, including materials for the Promoter’s website and/or website of any of its affiliates. Winner(s) and travel companion(s) shall not have any claim nor be entitled to, any payment for the use, publishing or broadcasting the promotional and/or public relations materials created. Furthermore, all rights, title and interest in and to the abovementioned promotional and/or public relations materials, including all intellectual property rights and moral rights thereto, shall be the property of the Promoter.
o Winner(s) and travel companion(s) further agree(s), at the Promoter’s request, to execute and any all documents to give effect to the terms and conditions, including but not limited to documents in relation to the claim and receipt of prize(s), consents, authorisations, releases, waivers or indemnities for participation in prize components, and intellectual property rights and moral rights.
10. The winner(s) will be notified via telephone & email on Oct 3, 2023. Prizes not claimed by Oct 10, 2023 may be withdrawn at the Promoter’s discretion. (Draw shall be done on the first week of October 2023 via Promoter’s appointed agency and the winners will be notified)
11. If there’s any special request or changes, the Winner shall within seven (7) days upon notified write in to the Promoter and the Promoter shall at its sole discretion to consider such request or changes made.
12. The Promoter and/or its agency may require the prize winner(s) to provide proof of identity, proof of age and/or proof of residency as a condition for claim of prize(s). Identification considered suitable for verification is at the sole discretion of the Promoter and/or its agency. The prize(s) will be awarded only to the winner(s) and not to proxies or representatives of the winner(s).
13. Winner(s) acknowledge(s) that some components of the prize(s) may involve in dangerous activities in relation to which participation may carry inherent risks. By entering this Promotion and accepting the prize, winner(s) accept(s) and assume(s) such risks.
14. Winner and travel companion must travel and return at the same time.
15. The travel component of the prize includes return economy airfares (including airfare taxes) on the designated airline for the winner and travel companion from the winner’s nearest capital city; up to 4 nights’ accommodation (on a twin share basis) in the designated hotel(s) for the winner and travel companion including breakfast on each day and transfers and tours as specified by the Promoter and/or prize provider. Flights, accommodation and any activities are subject to booking and availability. The travel component of the prize is subject to any additional terms and conditions as may be specified by the airline, ticketing agency, accommodation and/or transportation service provider.
16. Winner and travel companion are responsible for making their own way to the winners nearest capital city airport for departure. The winner and their companion are responsible for ensuring they have a valid passport that expires no less than 6 months after the date of return to the country of residence. Any and all other documentation and requirements for travel including but not limited to visas shall be the sole responsibility of the winner and travel companion. The Promoter shall not be responsible in the event that the winner and/or travel companion is/are prevented from travelling to the destination country by customs, immigration, embassy or other authority, and the Promoter shall not be liable to return or exchange the prize or any part thereof for cash or any alternative prize(s).
17. Any changes made to travel plans once booked shall be funded by the winner. If the winner and/or travel companion is/are unable to travel on the date booked and are unable to make any changes at their own expense, the winner and/or travel companion will be deemed to have automatically forfeited the prize. The Promoter will not pay for any leave from employment that may be necessary for travel.
18. All other costs associated with the prize, including but not limited to any transfer costs, visa application, meals, expenses, spending money, taxes, insurance and other ancillary costs are the sole responsibility of the winner and travel companion, as incurred.
19. Winners have to make arrangements to their own personal schedule to travel during the designated dates and timings, any additional charges incurred for any change of the booking will have to be shouldered by the winners themselves. Should they be unable to travel during that period, the prize is deemed forfeited as the prize is not transferable.
20. Prizes, or any unused portion of a prize, are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash, unless otherwise stated. Cash equivalent will only be provided in case of unforeseen or fortuitous events, and will be to the discretion of Midea.
21. Prize(s) may be issued up to 14 days from the notification of the winner(s). The Promoter shall not be liable for any damage to, or delay in delivery or transit of, the prize(s).
22. The Promoter, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize of equal or greater value and/or specification, subject to written directions from any regulatory authority.
23. The Promoter is not responsible for:
a. late, lost, incomplete, misdirected, incorrectly submitted, delayed or illegible entries, claims or correspondence due to error, omission, tampering, theft, destruction or otherwise;
b. receipt of incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete information whether provided by a Participant or otherwise; or
c. any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone, telephone or computer network, or lines, servers, or telephone or internet providers, traffic congestion on any phone or computer network, or any combination thereof, including any damage to property or injury to related to or resulting from participation or sending or receiving of any communication or materials for this Promotion.
24. The Promoter reserves the right to, in its sole discretion:
a. disqualify any entry that the Promoter has any reason to believe does not comply with the terms and conditions;
b. verify the validity of all entries and Participants (including identity, age and place of residence) as it deems necessary;
c. disqualify any Participant and all of the Participant’s entries for tampering or interfering with or disrupting the Promotion, entry process and/or breaching the terms and conditions; and/or
d. cancel the prize(s) or otherwise cease to provide any benefit of the prize(s) if the winner(s) [(or travel companion(s), if applicable)] is/are, in the opinion of the Promoter, under the influence of alcohol or any other drug, behave(s) in an aggressive, offensive, uncontrollable, unruly or disorderly manner, engages or attempts to engage in illegal conduct, behave(s) in a manner which may tarnish or diminish the goodwill, name and/or reputation of the Promoter, its brands and/or products concerned, its agencies and companies associated with this Promotion, or behave(s) in a manner which is otherwise inappropriate.
The Promoter’s rights (including but not limited to recovery of damages or other compensation) in relation to any misconduct of the Participants are expressly reserved to the fullest extent.
25. The Promoter and/or its agency may refuse to allow a winner to use or take part in any or all aspects of a prize if the Promoter and/or its agency reasonably determines in its sole discretion that the winner is not in the mental or physical condition necessary to be able to safely do so.
26. Taxes, if any, as well as any other costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and/or use not specified in these terms and conditions as being provided by the Promoter are the sole responsibility of the winner(s). If required by law, the Promoter and/or its agency reserves the right to withhold and remit to the appropriate tax authorities the amount of any tax or taxes due on the prize. The winner(s) should seek independent financial advice about any tax implications that may arise from the prize winning.
27. Except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law, directors, officers and employees of the Promoter, its agencies and companies associated with this Promotion are not liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered, including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss, or for personal injury suffered or sustained in relation to participation in this Promotion or during the course of accepting and/or using any prize.
28. The Promoter’s decision on all matters is final and no correspondence will be entered into. The Promoter reserves right to change, amend, add or delete any or all of the terms and conditions, and to offer alternative prizes, at any time and without any prior notice.
29. If for any reason this Promotion is not capable of running as planned, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion, (subject to any written direction given by relevant regulatory authorities), to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion or invalidate any affected entries.
30. If for any reason this Promotion is not capable of running as planned due to COVID or other fortuitous events, Midea reserves the right in its sole discretion, (subject to any written direction given by relevant regulatory authorities), to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion or invalidate any affected entries, and to modify the prizes ensuring equal value in RM.
31. The Promotion is conducted in Malaysia and is governed by the laws of Malaysia.
32. The Promoter is Midea Electric Trading (Singapore) Co. Pte Ltd, which (where the context permits such as in relation to assignments, licences, consents, authorisations, releases, waivers or indemnities by / from Participants), also includes each of the affiliates in the Midea group throughout the world and their respective successors in title, assignees, licensees or authorised parties.