#MideaFanAward Official Rules
NO PURCHASE OR MOBILE DEVICE IS NECESSARY TO PARTICIPATE. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- The #MideaFanAward Search (the “Search”) begins 12:00 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) June 12, 2021 and ends 11:59 PM ET June 26, 2021 ("Search Period").
- Open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older and who have reached the legal age of majority in their state of residence at the time of submission. Employees of Midea America Corp. (“Sponsor”), City Football Group, Trymark Consulting Group, L.L.C., and their respective parents, affiliates, franchisees, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and the immediate families (spouse, parents, children and siblings and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and individuals living in the same households of such employees, whether or not related, are ineligible to participate or receive an award. Void where prohibited. Subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
This Search is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, or Facebook. By participating, you understand that you are providing your information to the Sponsor and not Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, or Facebook. The information you provide will only be used for participation in the Search.
- How to Participate: In celebration of Manchester City FC’s World Class 2021 season, the Sponsor is searching for “Manchester City FC’s Best Fan” for the opportunity to receive an award (as described below) by uploading a photo or video (photo and video requirements must adhere to the social media’s platform requirements and restrictions) on a qualifying social media platform (see below for list of qualifying social media platforms) that showcases your love and enthusiasm for Manchester City FC or the sport of soccer and why you are deserving of a trip to see Manchester City FC play in Manchester City, England (the applicable posted message and photo or video are, collectively, the “Submission”). Submissions should focus on perceived love and enthusiasm for Manchester City FC or the sport of soccer and why you are deserving of a trip to see Manchester City FC play in Manchester City, England. During the Search Period, you (the “Participant”) may participate in the Search via any of the four (4) ways on the social media platforms outlined below:
- To participate via Instagram, follow the @MideaAmerica Instagram account (if you are not doing so already), then use your Instagram account to publicly post your photo or video, including a brief description as defined above in Section 3 with the hashtags #MideaFanAward and #Promo, and tag @MideaAmerica to be considered. You must follow @MideaAmerica, include the #MideaFanAward and #Promo hashtags, and tag @MideaAmerica in your post in order for your Submission to be considered. You must have an Instagram account that is set to public to participate. Multiple Participants are not permitted to share the same Instagram account. If you do not have an Instagram account, you may sign up for a free account at www.instagram.com. Note: If you stop following the @MideaAmerica Instagram account, have your Instagram account set to private, or deactivate your Instagram account at any time prior to the end of the Search Period, your Submission will not be considered.
- To participate via Twitter, follow the @MideaAmerica Twitter account (if you are not doing so already), then use your Twitter account to publicly tweet your photo or video, including a brief description as defined above in Section 3 in the tweet with the hashtags #MideaFanAward and #Promo, and tag @MideaAmerica to be considered. You must follow @MideaAmerica, include the #MideaFanAward and #Promo hashtags, and tag @MideaAmerica in your tweet in order for your Submission to be considered. Submissions must be publicly tweeted and not submitted through direct messages. Sponsor will not receive Submissions from users with “protected” or “private” accounts or posts. Private, protected or @Reply messages not received by Sponsor will not be valid. Multiple Participants are not permitted to share the same Twitter account. If you do not have a Twitter account, you may sign up for a free account at www.twitter.com. Note: If you stop following the @MideaAmerica Twitter account, have your Twitter account set to private, or deactivate your Twitter account at any time prior to the end of the Search Period, your Submission will not be considered.
- To participate via TikTok, follow the @MideaAmerica TikTok account (if you are not doing so already), then use your TikTok account to publicly post your photo or video, including a brief description as defined above in Section 3 in the post with the hashtags #MideaFanAward and #Promo, and tag @MideaAmerica to be considered. You must follow @MideaAmerica, include the #MideaFanAward and #Promo hashtags, and tag @MideaAmerica in your post in order for your Submission to be considered. Submissions must be publicly posted. Sponsor will not receive Submissions from users with “protected” or “private” accounts or posts. Private or protected posts not received by Sponsor will not be valid. Multiple Participants are not permitted to share the same TikTok account. If you do not have a TikTok account, you may sign up for a free account at www.tiktok.com. Note: If you stop following the @MideaAmerica TikTok account, have your TikTok account set to private, or deactivate your TikTok account at any time prior to the end of the Search Period, your Submission will not be considered.
- To participate via Facebook, follow the @MideaAmerica Facebook account (if you are not doing so already) and use your Facebook account to publicly post your photo or video, including a brief description as defined above in Section 3 with the hashtags #MideaFanAward and #Promo, and tag @MideaAmerica to be considered. You must follow @MideaAmerica, include the #MideaFanAward and #Promo hashtags, and tag @MideaAmerica in your post in order for your Submission to be considered. Multiple Participants are not permitted to share the same Facebook account. If you do not have a Facebook account, you may sign up for a free account at www.facebook.com. Note: If you stop following the @MideaAmerica Facebook account, have your Facebook posting set to non-public, or deactivate your Facebook account at any time prior to the end of the Search Period, your Submission will not be considered.
Your Submission may not contain any content that the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, determines to:
- be vulgar, offensive, sexually explicit, profane or pornographic;
- be derogatory of any race, ancestry, place of origin, color, ethnic origin, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, family status or disability; endorses any form of hate or hate group; defames, misrepresents or contains disparaging remarks about other people, products or companies;
- be violent or promotes the use of alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, or weapons; promotes unsafe activities;
- promote any political agenda or message;
- contain copyrighted materials owned by others (including music, lyrics, or images published on or in websites, television, movies or other media) without permission;
- contain third-party trademarks, logos, trade dress or insignia (such as distinctive packaging or building exteriors/interiors), including brand names of products owned by others without permission;
- contain any personal identification, such as persons’ names, e-mail addresses, street addresses or license plate numbers;
- communicate messages inconsistent with the positive image of the Sponsor’s name and/or any of its brands;
- contain any material that violates or infringes another's rights, including but not limited to material that violates privacy, publicity, or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement;
- include or refer to any third parties, including but not limited to minors, celebrities and friends or family members who have not authorized such inclusion or reference; or
- violate any law.
The Sponsor reserves the right to not accept any Submission which Sponsor determines, in its sole and absolute discretion, does not meet the above criteria or is otherwise offensive or is not in keeping with the Sponsor’s image and reputation. Sponsor reserves the right to remove any Submission without prior notice.
Submission must be the original work of the Participant, may not have been previously published, may not have won previous awards, and must not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity or other intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity. If the Submission contains any material or elements that are not owned by the Participant, and/or which are subject to the rights of third parties, the Participant is responsible for obtaining, prior to submission of the Submission, any and all releases and consents necessary to permit the use and exhibition of the Submission by Sponsor in the manner set forth in these Participation terms, including, without limitation, name and likeness permissions from any person who appears in or is identifiable in the Submission. Sponsor reserves the right to request proof of these permissions in a form acceptable to Sponsor from any Participant at any time. Failure to provide such proof may, if requested, render the Submission not to be considered. By providing a Submission, participant warrants and represents that he/she and any persons appearing or who are identifiable in the Submission consent to the submission and use of the Submission in the Search.
By providing a Submission via Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, and/or Facebook, the Participant consents to being contacted by direct message (“DM”) on the platform of submission if selected as a potential award recipient. All Submissions, whether or not selected as an award recipient, become the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Should multiple users of the same social media account participate in the Search and a dispute thereafter arises regarding the identity of the Participant, the authorized account holder of said social media account at the time of submission will be considered the Participant and required to comply with these Participation terms. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person assigned the social media account. Use of any automated system and use of any other devices to subvert the submission process to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification (and all associated Submissions will not be considered). The potential award recipients may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder of said social media account.
- SELECTION OF AWARD RECIPIENTS: All eligible Submissions received throughout the Search Period will be reviewed and rated by Sponsor based on a variety of factors, primarily focusing on Submission content that best showcases Participant’s love and enthusiasm for Manchester City FC and why they are deserving of a trip to see Manchester City FC play in Manchester City, England as described above in Section 3. The one (1) Submission with the highest rating will be deemed the potential Grand Prize award recipient. The one (1) next highest rated Submission will be deemed the potential First Prize award recipient. The three (3) next highest rated Submissions will be deemed the potential Second Prize award recipients. And the twenty (20) next highest rated Submissions will be deemed the potential Third Prize award recipients. All awards will be awarded based on the order in which they are rated (highest rating to lowest rating). In the event of a tie for any award level, an additional, “tie-breaking” judge will determine the potential award recipient(s) based on the criteria listed above. Sponsor reserves the right to not provide all awards if, in its sole discretion, it has not received a sufficient number of eligible and qualified Submissions. Potential award recipients are subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Participation terms.
- Grand Prize award package (1): A trip for two (2) (award recipient and one (1) guest) to the United Kingdom on dates determined by Sponsor between August 14, 2021 and May 22, 2022. Trip consists of the following: roundtrip coach commercial air transportation from a major U.S. international airport near award recipient’s residence (as determined by Sponsor) to the United Kingdom; standard double occupancy accommodations for two (2) nights/three (3) days at a hotel designated by Sponsor (one (1) room only); two (2) tickets to attend a Manchester City FC home match (award recipient’s choice from three (3) games);; two (2) Manchester City FC football jerseys and scarfs (one (1) set each for award recipient and guest) (size and styles to be determined by Sponsor) (ERV: $210.00); and a $500.00 stipend for award recipient only (awarded in the form of a $500.00 check). Total maximum Estimated Retail Value (“ERV”) of Prize award package is $5,710.00. Actual value may vary based upon location of departure city, travel dates and air flight fluctuations, and no compensation or substitution will be provided for any difference in Prize award value. Travel must be made through Sponsor’s agent, on a carrier and on dates specified above. If potential award recipient is unable to travel on dates specified by Sponsor, the Grand Prize award package will be forfeited, and Sponsor will have no further obligation to such award recipient. Time permitting, Sponsor will use reasonable efforts to select an alternate award recipient based on the criteria stated above. Award recipient and guest must travel together on same itinerary, including the same departure date, destination and return date. No stopovers are permitted on tickets issued as a prize; if a stopover occurs, the prize will terminate at the stopover point and full fare will be charged for the remaining segments, including the return, of the trip. Sponsor will not replace any lost, mutilated, or stolen tickets or vouchers. Prize award details not specified above will be determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. Travel is subject to capacity controls, availability, blackout dates and certain other restrictions, as determined by Sponsor. The “Released Parties” (as defined below) are not liable for any expenses incurred as a consequence of the cancellation or delay of any flight or for any ground transportation. Guest of award recipient must be of legal age of majority in his/her state of residence (and at least 18), unless he/she is award recipient’s child or legal ward, and possess a valid U.S. passport. Guest (or award recipient, if the guest is award recipient’s child or legal ward) must execute and return a travel liability/publicity release prior to travel. Award recipient and guest are responsible for obtaining all travel documents, including a valid U.S. passport and Visa (if applicable), required by the airline and comply with all applicable hotel check-in requirements, such as presentation of a major credit card. Seat locations at sporting event will be determined by Sponsor. If, for whatever reason the sporting event is cancelled, no compensation or substitution will be provided, however remainder of Prize award will be awarded, and Sponsor shall have no further obligation to such award recipient. Award recipient and guest must comply with all applicable sporting event/venue rules and regulations and must be attired in a decent, non-sexual and non-threatening manner while participating in any Grand Prize award activity. Sponsor reserves the right to deny admittance or remove award recipient and/or guest from sporting event if either engage in a disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person or appear to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
Note: Grand Prize award recipient and his/her guest irrevocably waives all claims against the Released Parties and agrees that the Released Parties will have no liability or responsibility for any claim arising in connection with participation in this Search, the award provided, personal injury, or wrongful death, a potentially heightened risk of exposure to communicable diseases, viruses, bacteria or illnesses (including, without limitation, COVID-19) and the causes thereof, and sickness arising as a result of the Grand Prize award recipient participating in the Search and related activities, wherever, whenever or however the same may occur. Grand Prize award recipient fully understands that (a) the novel coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 and any resulting disease (together with any mutation, adaptation or variation thereof, “COVID-19”) is extremely contagious and there is an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 in any place where people are or have been present; (b) no precautions, including the protocols that will be implemented from time to time by any/all travel providers or those providing accommodations (collectively, the “Protocols”), can eliminate the risk of exposure to COVID-19; (c) while people of all ages and health conditions have been adversely affected by COVID-19, certain people have been identified by public health authorities as having greater risk based on age and/or underlying medical conditions; and (d) exposure to COVID-19 can result in being subject to quarantine requirements, illness, disability, other short-term and long-term health effects, and/or death, regardless of age or health condition.
First Prize award package (1) (color determined at Sponsor’s discretion): A Midea Kitchen Suite of Appliances which consists of the following: one (1) French Door Refrigerator (model MRQ22D7AST) (ERV $2,999.99); one (1) Slide-in Range (winner’s choice of gas or electric) (gas model MGS30S4A or electric model MES30S4A) (maximum ERV $1,699.99); one (1) Over the Range Microwave (model MMO19S3AST) (ERV $299.00) ; Dishwasher (model MDT24H3AST) (ERV $649.00); and professional installation (ERV: $800.00). Installation provided with award package will be conducted by a local service provider selected by Sponsor and will connect new appliances to existing electric, gas and/or water service only. Total maximum ERV of First Prize award package is $6,447.98.
Second Prize awards (3 total available, exact award will be selected at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Installation not included and color determined at Sponsor’s discretion): One (1) Midea DUO 12K Smart Inverter Portable Air Conditioner (Model MAP12S1TBL) (ERV $599.99); One (1) Midea U Window Air Conditioner (Model MAW10V1QWT) (ERV $419.00); One (1) Midea Cube 35 Pint Dehumidifier (Model MAD35S1QWT) (ERV $249.00).
Third Prize awards (20 total available, exact award will be selected at Sponsor’s sole discretion): Ten (10) of the following will be awarded: One (1) Manchester City FC football jersey (size and style to be determined by Sponsor) (ERV $90.00 each); Five (5) of the following will be awarded: One (1) Warm-up jacket (size and style to be determined by Sponsor) (ERV $80.00 each); and Five (5) of the following will be awarded: One (1) Manchester City FC scarf (style to be determined by Sponsor) (ERV $15.00 each).
Total maximum ERV of all awards combined is $14,800.97. The value of any merchandise is based on the ERV at the commencement of the Search. No compensation will be offered for any difference in value between stated ERV and the actual ERV at time of awarding. Award recipients will be responsible for all taxes (including federal, state, and local taxes) and any other costs and expenses associated with acceptance and use of an award not described herein as being awarded (including, but not limited to luggage fees, ground transportation, meals, gratuities and souvenirs with respect to the Grand Prize award). Awards are not transferable, redeemable for cash, or substitutable except by Sponsor, which reserves the right, at its discretion, to substitute an award or portion of an award with one of comparable or greater value. All award details are at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Limit one (1) award per person and per household for the duration of the Search Period. Awards may be reported as income to the award recipients and the award recipients will be responsible for all taxes associated with the receipt of the award. All award details are at the sole discretion of the Sponsor.
- Potential award recipients will be notified by DM to their social media account on the social media platform in which they participated and will be required to respond within one (1) day of date of its issuance. In the event that a response to any given DM is not received within one (1) day of date of its issuance or a potential award recipient is not in compliance with these Participation terms, the award may be forfeited and, at Sponsor’s discretion, an alternate award recipient may be selected for the award at issue. Potential Grand and First Prize award recipients will, and potential Second and Third Prize award recipients may be required, in the sole discretion of the Sponsor, to execute and return an affidavit of eligibility and a liability release and, where legal, a publicity release within five (5) days of date of issuance of those documents or award may be forfeited and, at Sponsor’s discretion, an alternate award recipient may be selected for the award at issue based on the criteria stated above. In the event a potential award recipient is not in compliance with these Participation terms, or the award or award notification is returned as undeliverable, the award may be forfeited and, at Sponsor’s discretion, an alternate award recipient may be selected for the award at issue based on the criteria stated above. If Sponsor so elects, the potential Grand Prize award recipient may be required to submit to, and cooperate in, a confidential background check to confirm eligibility and to help ensure that the use of any such person and advertising or publicity for the Search will not bring Sponsor into public disrepute, contempt, scandal or ridicule or reflect unfavorably on the Search or the Sponsor as determined by Sponsor and their sole discretion. If requested, the potential Grand Prize award recipient will agree to such background check and understand and agree that Sponsor may disqualify the potential Grand Prize award recipient based on the results of the background check.
- By participating, Participants agree as follows: a) to abide by these Participation terms, and to the decisions of Sponsor and the judges, which shall be final and binding in all respects; b) to the use of their names and/or likenesses and/or biographical data by Sponsor and its designees if selected as an award recipient for advertising, promotional and other purposes in any or all media now or hereafter known throughout the world in perpetuity without compensation, permission or notification (except where prohibited by law); and c) THAT SPONSOR, Instagram, TWITTER, TIKTOK, FACEBOOK, CITY FOOTBALL GROUP, TRYMARK CONSULTING GROUP, L.L.C., AND ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE PARENTS, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, ADVERTISING AND PROMOTION AGENCIES, RETAILERS, DISTRIBUTORS AND SUPPLIERS, AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, SHAREHOLDERS, AGENTS, AND EMPLOYEES (COLLECTIVELY, THE “RELEASED PARTIES”) SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY AND SHALL BE HELD HARMLESS FOR ANY DAMAGE, LOSS OR INJURY TO A PARTICIPANT OR ANY THIRD PARTY RESULTING FROM PARTICIPATION IN THIS SEARCH OR THE USE OR MISUSE OF ANY AWARD (INCLUDING ANY TRAVEL/ACTIVITY RELATED THERETO). AWARDS ARE PRESENTED “AS IS” WITHOUT ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES EXCEPT FOR ANY “IN THE BOX” WARRANTY THAT MAY BE PROVIDED WITH AN AWARD. Released Parties are not responsible for lost, delayed, interrupted or unavailable network, server, cable, satellite, Internet Service Provider (ISP) or other connections, miscommunications, failed phone, computer or telephone transmissions or technical failure, jumbled, scrambled or misdirected transmissions, or other errors or malfunctions of any kind whether computer, network, human, mechanical, electronic, printing, typographical or otherwise relating to or in connection with this Search, including, without limitation, errors or problems which may occur in connection with the administration of the Search, the processing or rating of Submissions, the announcement of the awards or in any Search-related materials or for any damage to Participant’s or other person’s computer, hardware or software as a result of participation. Released Parties are also not responsible for Submissions or associated DMs that are lost, late, incomplete, damaged, inaccurate, stolen, delayed, misdirected, undelivered garbled or delayed by computer transmissions and all such Submissions will not be considered. Sponsor is not responsible for any award that is lost, damaged, stolen, delayed, misdirected, or undelivered. Persons found tampering with or abusing any aspect of this Search or who are in violation of these Participation terms as solely determined by the Sponsor will be disqualified and all associated Submissions will not be considered. Every Submission must be manually keystroked and manually entered by the individual participant and repetitive automated electronic Submissions are specifically disallowed. Use of script, macro or automated submission software or programs or any other means that subvert the submission process is prohibited and all such Submissions will not be considered. In the event the Search is compromised by virus, bugs, worms, non-authorized human intervention or other causes which corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play of the Search, including but not limited to Acts of God, epidemic or pandemic, or if Search is unable to run as planned for any other reason, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to modify, suspend or terminate the Search or any portion thereof and/or terminate the participation of any Participant (and not consider his/her Submission(s) whose conduct potentially compromises the Search and at its sole discretion, if terminated, to award the awards from among all eligible, non-suspect Submissions received prior to the act requiring such suspension or termination using the applicable rating procedure outlined above. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Participation terms shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Participation terms shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. CAUTION: Any attempt by a Participant to damage the website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Search is a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies (including attorneys’ fees) to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Search is governed by the laws of the State of New Jersey without regard to its conflict of laws principles, with venue in Morris County, New Jersey.
- EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW, As a condition of participating IN THIS SEARCH, YOU agree that a) under no circumstances will YOU be permitted to obtain awards for, and YOU hereby waive all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential, or any other damages, other than for actual out of pocket expenses, if any; b) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this SEARCH, or any compensation or credit to be provided, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action AND EXCLUSIVELY BY FINAL AND BINDING ARBITRATION IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE FEDERAL ARBITRATION ACT (“FAA”, Title 9 of the United States Code) UNDER THE AUSPICES OF THE AMERICAN ARBITRATION ASSOCIATION; C) THE FEDERAL ARBITRATION ACT SHALL GOVERN THE INTERPRETATION, ENFORCEMENT AND ALL PROCEEDINGS AT SUCH ARBITRATION; AND D) JUDGEMENT UPON SUCH ARBITRATION AWARD MAY BE ENTERED IN ANY COURT HAVING JURISDICTION. YOU HAVE A RIGHT TO OPT-OUT OF THIS ARBITRATION PROVISION. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THIS MANDATORY ARBITRATION PROVISION WITH REGARD TO THIS SEARCH, THEN WITHIN THIRTY (30) DAYS FROM THE DATE OF YOUR SUBMISSION, YOU MAY OPT-OUT OF THIS, AND ONLY THIS, PART OF THE PARTICIPATION TERMS BY NOTIFYING THE SPONSOR OF SUCH OPT-OUT REQUEST BY PROVIDING WRITTEN NOTICE AND MAILING SUCH NOTICE TO: #MIDEAFANAWARD SEARCH – ARBITRATION REJECTION, P.O. BOX 295, GAINESVILLE, VA 20156. ANY OPT-OUT RECEIVED AFTER THE THIRTY (30) DAY TIME PERIOD WILL NOT BE VALID AND YOU MUST PURSUE YOUR CLAIM, IF ANY, VIA ARBITRATION PURSUANT TO THESE PARTICIPATION TERMS. any and all claims, judgments, and award shall be limited to actual out of pocket costs incurred, if any, AND in no event SHALL YOU BE ENTITLED TO RECEIVE attorneys’ fees OR OTHER LEGAL COSTS OR EXPENSES.
- The names of the award recipients (available after July 15, 2021) and/or a copy of these Participation terms may be obtained by mailing a self-addressed, stamped #10 envelope to: #MideaFanAward Search - Award recipients/Rules (please specify which), P.O. Box 295, Gainesville, VA 20156, for receipt no later than September 30, 2021. VT residents omit return postage on rules requests.
- Sponsor: Midea America Corp., 5 Sylvan Way, Parsippany, NJ 07054.
Promoter: Trymark Consulting Group, L.L.C., P.O. Box 295, Gainesville, VA 20156.
© 2021 Midea America Corp. All rights reserved. Other marks are the property of their respective owners.