Midea India E-waste Recycling Program
In its pursuit of sustainable business development, Midea India continues to be committed to the goal of environment protection.
Midea India is fully compliant with applicable environmental protection, and Health & Safety Laws and Regulations. In its constant endeavour to be fully compliant with all regulatory standards, Midea India has initiated the Midea India Recycling Program to recycle all obsolete, damaged and end of life products in a scientific and environment-friendly manner.
We request all our customers and channel partners to be a part of the Midea India Recycling Program and be more harmonious with the environment. By joining our efforts, we can surely reduce our collective environmental footprints.
E-Waste has been defined as “waste electrical and electronic equipment, whole or in part or rejects from their manufacturing and repair process, which are intended to be discarded”. Whereas, electrical and electronic equipment has been defined as “equipment, which is dependent on electrical currents or electromagnetic fields to be fully functional”. In the recent years, there has been increasing use and dependence on electrical and electronic gadgets like mobile phones, computers, laptops, servers, data storage devices, photocopy machines, televisions, washing machines, refrigerators, air conditioners, etc. resulting into the generation of large quantities of E-waste.
Therefore, the E-waste (Management & Handling) Rules, 2011 have been notified with a primary objective to channelise the E-waste generated in the country for environmentally sound recycling which is largely controlled by the unorganized sectors who are adopting crude practices that result into higher pollution and less recovery, thereby causing wastage of precious resources and damage to the environment. Midea India is committed to the cause of environmental sustainability and social leadership and is wholeheartedly committed to abide by the provisions of the E-waste (Management & Handling) Rules, 2011.
- E-waste contains many valuable items like Copper, Aluminum, Gold and Silver. Un-scientific disposal of E-waste leads to the loss of these valuable metals and put more pressure on the ever-depleting natural resources.
- There is a need to encourage recycling of all useful and valuable material from E-waste, so as to conserve the ever-depleting natural resources.
- The electrical and electronic equipment (EEE) contains hazardous/toxic substances in their components. If the E-waste is opened up in an unscientific manner or if the material is disposed in open, then it may cause health risks and damage to the environment.
- Electronic devices contain various heavy metals like lead, mercury, and cadmium. When these electronics end up in landfills, many of these chemicals leach into the soil during rainfall and contaminate both, soil and water.
- Incineration of E-waste is associated with the risk of generating and dispersing contaminated and toxic substances. The gases released during the burning and the residue ash is often toxic and harmful for both, health and environment.
- Un-scientific and improper disposal of E-waste and the resultant fumes and toxicity leads to various health issues like cancer, respiratory infections, corrosion of Lung tissues, growth retardation, abnormal Brain development and long term impact on memory, learning and behaviour, damage to the central nervous system, liver, kidney, thyroid and bones, hormonal imbalance, cardiovascular and heart diseases.
THEREFORE, WE ENCOURAGE YOU TO RECYCLE ALL END OF LIFE ELECTRONIC ITEMS IN YOUR POSSESSION. MIDEA INDIA IS PROUD TO PARTNER WITH A GOVT. APPROVED E-WASTE RECYCLER TO MAKE THIS EASY FOR YOU. YOU ARE SIMPLY REQUIRED TO CALL OUR TOLL FREE NUMBER 18004191111 (FOR TOSHIBA PRODUCTS) AND 18004193333 (FOR MIDEA PRODUCTS) AND REGISTER YOUR REQUEST FOR COLLECTION OF E-WASTE FROM YOUR DOORSTEPS.
How to recycle:
- Contact the toll-free number 18004191111 (FOR TOSHIBA PRODUCTS) and 18004193333 (FOR MIDEA PRODUCTS) and register your request for the recycling of Midea India products.
- On receipt of your call, the representative of the authorized recycler will visit you at your home/premise for inspecting the product and calculating the value.
- As per valuation by the authorized recycler, you will be offered the price of electronic products. On your acceptance of the offer, the authorized recycler will lift the product after giving the offer price to you.
1) Hand over the E-waste to the authorized recycler.
2) E-waste should never be thrown in household bins.
3) Keep the product in an isolated area, after it becomes non-functional/un-repairable so as to prevent its accidental breakage.
4) The product should not be opened by the user himself/herself, but only by authorized service personnel.
1) Never sell the E-waste to any unauthorized agencies, scrap dealer/kabaddi wallahs.
2) Never throw E-waste in bins as part of household waste.
3) Never throw E-waste in bins as part of household waste.
4) Never open/dismantle any E-waste on your own
1. Which products can be recycled through this Program?
- All products manufactured, imported or sold by Midea India alone can be recycled through the program. If you want to recycle products of another company, then kindly contact the authorized recycler of the concerned company.
2. Do consumers have to pay to get their products disposed of?
- Consumers do not have to pay any money either to Midea India or its authorized recycler for the collection and disposal of their products. On the contrary, after proper valuation, our authorized recycler will pay the value of the product to you.
3. Which are the locations where the products can be disposed?
- Our authorized recycler has pan-India presence and products can be disposed of/collected from your doorsteps across all locations in India.
4. Once a call is registered on the toll-free number, how much time will it take for the authorized recycler to come and collect the product?
- It will take approximately 7-10 days for the authorized recycler to come and collect the product from your residence/premises. However, the period may vary depending on the location. Midea India being a mere facilitator shall not be responsible for any delay in this regard.
5. Can I drop off my products in the nearest Midea dealer or Service Centre?
- No. The product has to be handed over to our authorized recycler only.