Midea India E-waste Recycling Program
In its pursuit of sustainable business development, Midea India continues to be committed to the goal of environment protection.
Midea India is fully compliant with applicable environmental protection, and Health & Safety Laws and Regulations. In its constant endeavour to be fully compliant with all regulatory standards, Midea India has initiated the Midea India Recycling Program to recycle all obsolete, damaged and end of life products in a scientific and environment-friendly manner.
We request all our customers and channel partners to be a part of the Midea India Recycling Program and be more harmonious with the environment. By joining our efforts, we can surely reduce our collective environmental footprints.
E-Waste has been defined as “waste electrical and electronic equipment, whole or in part or rejects from their manufacturing and repair process, which are intended to be discarded”. Whereas, electrical and electronic equipment has been defined as “equipment, which is dependent on electrical currents or electromagnetic fields to be fully functional”. In the recent years, there has been increasing use and dependence on electrical and electronic gadgets like mobile phones, computers, laptops, servers, data storage devices, photocopy machines, televisions, washing machines, refrigerators, air conditioners, etc. resulting into the generation of large quantities of E-waste.
Therefore, the E-waste (Management & Handling) Rules, 2011 have been notified with a primary objective to channelise the E-waste generated in the country for environmentally sound recycling which is largely controlled by the unorganized sectors who are adopting crude practices that result into higher pollution and less recovery, thereby causing wastage of precious resources and damage to the environment. Midea India is committed to the cause of environmental sustainability and social leadership and is wholeheartedly committed to abide by the provisions of the E-waste (Management & Handling) Rules, 2011.
THEREFORE, WE ENCOURAGE YOU TO RECYCLE ALL END OF LIFE ELECTRONIC ITEMS IN YOUR POSSESSION. MIDEA INDIA IS PROUD TO PARTNER WITH A GOVT. APPROVED E-WASTE RECYCLER TO MAKE THIS EASY FOR YOU. YOU ARE SIMPLY REQUIRED TO CALL OUR TOLL FREE NUMBER 18004191111 (FOR TOSHIBA PRODUCTS) AND 18004193333 (FOR MIDEA PRODUCTS) AND REGISTER YOUR REQUEST FOR COLLECTION OF E-WASTE FROM YOUR DOORSTEPS.
How to recycle:
1) Hand over the E-waste to the authorized recycler.
2) E-waste should never be thrown in household bins.
3) Keep the product in an isolated area, after it becomes non-functional/un-repairable so as to prevent its accidental breakage.
4) The product should not be opened by the user himself/herself, but only by authorized service personnel.
1) Never sell the E-waste to any unauthorized agencies, scrap dealer/kabaddi wallahs.
2) Never throw E-waste in bins as part of household waste.
3) Never throw E-waste in bins as part of household waste.
4) Never open/dismantle any E-waste on your own
1. Which products can be recycled through this Program?
2. Do consumers have to pay to get their products disposed of?
3. Which are the locations where the products can be disposed?
4. Once a call is registered on the toll-free number, how much time will it take for the authorized recycler to come and collect the product?
5. Can I drop off my products in the nearest Midea dealer or Service Centre?