Make Yourself At Home Sweepstakes
OFFICIAL RULES FOR MIDEA “MAKE YOURSELF AT HOME” SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID IN ALASKA AND HAWAII AND WHERE PROHIBITED.
- The Midea “Make Yourself at Home” Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) begins 12:00 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) November 11, 2021 and ends 11:59 PM ET December 12, 2021 ("Sweepstakes Period").
- Open only to legal residents of the 48 contiguous United States and the District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older and who have reached the age of majority in their state of residence at the time of entry. Employees of Midea America Corp. (“Sponsor”), Trymark Consulting Group, L.L.C., and their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, retailers, distributors and suppliers, and the immediate families (spouse, parents, children and siblings and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and individuals living in the same households of such employees, whether or not related, or any current participants of an incentivized Midea Review Program are ineligible to enter or win. Void in Alaska, Hawaii, and where prohibited by law. Subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
Your Entry may not contain any content that the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, determines to:
- be vulgar, offensive, sexually explicit, profane or pornographic;
- be derogatory of any race, ancestry, place of origin, color, ethnic origin, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, family status or disability; endorses any form of hate or hate group; defames, misrepresents or contains disparaging remarks about other people, products or companies;
- be violent or promotes the use of alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, or weapons; promotes unsafe activities;
- promote any political agenda or message;
- contain copyrighted materials owned by others (including music, lyrics, or images published on or in websites, television, movies or other media) without permission;
- contain third-party trademarks, logos, trade dress or insignia (such as distinctive packaging or building exteriors/interiors), including brand names of products owned by others without permission;
- contain any personal identification, such as persons’ names, e-mail addresses, street addresses or license plate numbers;
- communicate messages inconsistent with the positive image of the Sponsor’s name and/or any of its brands;
- contain any material that violates or infringes another's rights, including but not limited to material that violates privacy, publicity, or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement;
- include or refer to any third parties, including but not limited to minors, celebrities and friends or family members who have not authorized such inclusion or reference; or
- violate any law.
The Sponsor reserves the right to reject and/or void any Entry which Sponsor determines, in its sole and absolute discretion, does not meet the above criteria or is otherwise offensive or is not in keeping with the Sponsor’s image and reputation. Sponsor reserves the right to remove any Entry without prior notice. By submitting an Entry, you warrant and represent that you consent to the submission and use of the Entry in the Sweepstakes and to its use as otherwise set forth herein.
Released Parties (as defined below) are not liable for the use of any Entry by any third party. Entrant acknowledges and agrees that Released Parties have no, nor shall they have in the future, duty or liability, direct or indirect, vicarious, contributory or otherwise, with respect to the infringement or protection of any copyright in and to any Entry.
Limit one (1) Entry per person (including multiple Instagram accounts) and per household for the duration of the Sweepstakes Period. If multiple Entries are received in excess of the stated limitation from any person or household only the first such Entry received from such person or household during the Sweepstakes Period will be eligible for entry. All Entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Should multiple users of the same Instagram account enter the Sweepstakes and a dispute thereafter arises regarding the identity of the Entrant, the authorized account holder of said Instagram account at the time of entry will be considered the Entrant and required to comply with these Official Rules and all requirements set forth herein. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned the social media channel account by the social media channel provider responsible for assigning the account. Use of any automated system and use of any other devices to subvert the entry process to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification (and all associated Entries will be void). Potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
- A random drawing will be conducted on or about December 13, 2021 from among all eligible Entries received during the Sweepstakes Period to select one (1) potential Grand Prize winner. Drawing will be conducted by Trymark Consulting Group, L.L.C., an independent judging organization whose decisions are final and binding. Odds of winning will depend on the total number of eligible Entries received.
- Grand Prize package (1):
- one (1) Midea 45-Decibel Top Control 24-in Built-In Dishwasher (Stainless Steel) ENERGY STAR (model MDT24H3AST) (Estimated Retail Value (“ERV”) $599.00);
- one (1) Midea 26.3-cu ft Side-by-Side Refrigerator with Ice Maker (Stainless Steel) (model MRS26D5AST) (ERV $1,499.00);
- winner’s choice of one (1) of the following stove ranges: one (1) Midea 6.1 cu.ft. Gas Slide In Range 30-in 5 Burners 6.1-cu ft Self-Cleaning Air Fry Convection Oven Slide-in Gas Range (Stainless Steel) (model MGS30S2AST) (ERV $1,500.00) or, one (1) Midea 30-in Smooth Surface 5 Elements 6.3-cu ft Self-Cleaning Air Fry Convection Oven Slide-in Electric Range (Stainless Steel) (model MES30S2AST) (ERV $1,400.00);
- one (1) Midea 1.9 cu.ft. Sensor Cook, Over the Range (model MMO19S3AST) (ERV $300.00); and
- professional appliance installation (ERV $700.00).
Total maximum ERV of Grand Prize package is $4,598.00. Any excess costs for installation will be the sole responsibility of the winner. Refrigerator and Dishwasher installation will include connection to existing water service only. Winner must take delivery of prize package at a time designated by Sponsor. The value of merchandise and installation costs are based on the ERV at the commencement of the Sweepstakes. No compensation will be offered for any difference in value between stated ERV and the actual ERV at time of prize award. Winner will be responsible for all taxes (including federal, state and local taxes) and any other costs and expenses associated with acceptance and use of the prize not described herein as being awarded, including, but not limited to removal of old appliances and installation of water service line. Prize is not transferable, redeemable for cash, or substitutable except by Sponsor, which reserves the right at its discretion to substitute the prize or portion of the prize with one of comparable or greater value. All prize details are at the sole discretion of the Sponsor.
- Potential winner will be notified by DM from @MideaAmerica to their Instagram account and will be required to respond within three (3) business days of date of its issuance. In the event that a response to any given DM is not received within three (3) business days of date of its issuance or the potential winner is not in compliance with these Official Rules, the prize may be forfeited and, at Sponsor’s discretion, an alternate winner may be selected. Potential winner will be required to execute and return an affidavit of eligibility and a liability release and, where legal, a publicity release within five (5) days of date of issuance of those documents or prize may be forfeited and, at Sponsor’s discretion, awarded to an alternate winner. If winner is at least 18 years of age but still considered a minor in his/her state of residence, Sponsor may, at its discretion, award the prize in the name of his/her parent or legal guardian who will be responsible for fulfilling all requirements imposed on winner set forth herein. In the event potential winner is not in compliance with these Official Rules or the prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, the prize may be forfeited and, at Sponsor’s discretion, an alternate winner may be selected.
- By participating, Entrants agree as follows: a) to abide by these Official Rules, and to the decisions of Sponsor and the judges, which shall be final and binding in all respects; b) to the use of their names and/or likenesses and/or biographical data by Sponsor and its designees if selected as the winner for advertising, promotional and other purposes in any or all media now or hereafter known throughout the world in perpetuity without compensation, permission or notification (except where prohibited by law); and c) THAT SPONSOR, INSTAGRAM, TRYMARK CONSULTING GROUP, L.L.C. AND ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE PARENTS, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, ADVERTISING AND PROMOTION AGENCIES, RETAILERS, DISTRIBUTORS AND SUPPLIERS, AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, SHAREHOLDERS, AGENTS, AND EMPLOYEES (COLLECTIVELY, THE “RELEASED PARTIES”) SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY AND SHALL BE HELD HARMLESS FOR ANY DAMAGE (INCLUDING INSTALLATION OF PRIZE), LOSS OR INJURY TO AN ENTRANT OR ANY THIRD PARTY RESULTING FROM PARTICIPATION IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR THE USE OR MISUSE OF THE PRIZE. PRIZE IS AWARDED “AS IS” WITHOUT ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES EXCEPT FOR ANY “IN THE BOX” WARRANTY THAT MAY BE PROVIDED WITH THE PRIZE. Released Parties are not responsible for lost, delayed, interrupted or unavailable network, server, cable, satellite, Internet Service Provider (ISP) or other connections, miscommunications, failed phone, computer or telephone transmissions or technical failure, jumbled, scrambled or misdirected transmissions, or other errors or malfunctions of any kind whether computer, network, human, mechanical, electronic, printing, typographical or otherwise relating to or in connection with this Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, errors or problems which may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of Entries, the announcement of the prize or in any Sweepstakes-related materials or for any damage to Entrant’s or other person’s computer, hardware or software as a result of participation. Released Parties are also not responsible for Entries that are lost, late, incomplete, damaged, inaccurate, stolen, delayed, misdirected, undelivered garbled or delayed by computer transmissions and all such Entries are void. Sponsor is not responsible for any prize that is lost, damaged, stolen, delayed, misdirected, or undelivered. Persons found tampering with or abusing any aspect of this Sweepstakes or who are in violation of these Official Rules as solely determined by the Sponsor will be disqualified and all associated Entries will be void. Every Entry must be manually keystroked and manually entered by the individual participant and repetitive automated electronic submission of Entries is specifically disallowed. Use of script, macro or automated entry software or programs or any other means that subvert the entry process is prohibited and all such Entries will be void. In the event the Sweepstakes is compromised by virus, bugs, worms, non-authorized human intervention or other causes which corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play of the Sweepstakes, including but not limited to Acts of God, epidemic or pandemic, or if Sweepstakes is unable to run as planned for any other reason, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to modify, suspend or terminate the Sweepstakes or any portion thereof and/or terminate the participation of any Entrant (and void his/her Entry/ies) whose conduct potentially compromises the Sweepstakes and at its sole discretion, if terminated, to award the prize in a random drawing from among all eligible non-suspect Entries received prior to the act requiring such termination. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. CAUTION: Any attempt by an Entrant to damage the website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes is a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies (including attorneys’ fees) to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sweepstakes is governed by the laws of the State of New Jersey without regard to its conflict of laws principles, with venue in Morris County, New Jersey.
- EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW, AS A CONDITION OF PARTICIPATING IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES, YOU AGREE THAT A) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL YOU BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN AWARDS FOR, AND YOU HEREBY WAIVE ALL RIGHTS TO CLAIM, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN FOR ACTUAL OUT OF POCKET EXPENSES, IF ANY; B) ALL CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES, OR ANY COMPENSATION OR CREDIT TO BE PROVIDED, SHALL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION AND EXCLUSIVELY BY FINAL AND BINDING ARBITRATION IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE FEDERAL ARBITRATION ACT (“FAA”, Title 9 of the United States Code) UNDER THE AUSPICES OF THE AMERICAN ARBITRATION ASSOCIATION; C) THE FEDERAL ARBITRATION ACT SHALL GOVERN THE INTERPRETATION, ENFORCEMENT AND ALL PROCEEDINGS AT SUCH ARBITRATION; AND D) JUDGEMENT UPON SUCH ARBITRATION AWARD MAY BE ENTERED IN ANY COURT HAVING JURISDICTION. YOU HAVE A RIGHT TO OPT-OUT OF THIS ARBITRATION PROVISION. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THIS MANDATORY ARBITRATION PROVISION WITH REGARD TO THIS SWEEPSTAKES, THEN WITHIN THIRTY (30) DAYS FROM THE DATE OF YOUR ENTRY, YOU MAY OPT-OUT OF THIS, AND ONLY THIS, PART OF THE OFFICIAL RULES BY NOTIFYING THE SPONSOR OF SUCH OPT-OUT REQUEST BY PROVIDING WRITTEN NOTICE AND MAILING SUCH NOTICE TO: MIDEA “MAKE YOURSELF AT HOME” SWEEPSTAKES – ARBITRATION REJECTION, P.O. BOX 295, GAINESVILLE, VA 20156. ANY OPT-OUT RECEIVED AFTER THE THIRTY (30) DAY TIME PERIOD WILL NOT BE VALID AND YOU MUST PURSUE YOUR CLAIM, IF ANY, VIA ARBITRATION PURSUANT TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES. ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS, AND AWARD SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT OF POCKET COSTS INCURRED, IF ANY, AND IN NO EVENT SHALL YOU BE ENTITLED TO RECEIVE ATTORNEYS’ FEES OR OTHER LEGAL COSTS OR EXPENSES.
IN THE EVENT THAT YOU OPT-OUT OF THIS MANDATORY ARBITRATION PROVISION, ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS, AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES SHALL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION, AND EXCLUSIVELY BY A FEDERAL OR STATE COURT LOCATED IN MORRIS COUNTY, NEW JERSEY.
- The name of the winner (available after January 15, 2022 and/or a copy of these Official Rules may be obtained by mailing a self-addressed, stamped #10 envelope to: Midea “Make Yourself at Home” Sweepstakes - Winner/Rules (please specify which), P.O. Box 295, Gainesville, VA 20156, for receipt no later than March 31, 2022. VT residents omit return postage on rules requests.
- Sponsor: Midea America Corp., 300 Kimball Drive, Parsippany, NJ 07054.
Promoter: Trymark Consulting Group, L.L.C., P.O. Box 295, Gainesville, VA 20156.
© 2021 Midea America Corp. All rights reserved. Other marks are the property of their respective owners.
This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram. By entering, you understand that you are providing your information to the Sponsor and not Instagram. The information you provide will only be used for participation in the Sweepstakes.