2022/10/19 - Recipes
Easy Halloween Cookies You Can Make
Sure, Halloween is all about trick-or-treating and loading up on candy - but if you askme, the real action is where the tasty cookies and baked treats are. This easy Halloween cookie recipe is effortlessly festive and wickedly delicious!
Sure, Halloween is all about trick-or-treating and loading up on candy - but if you ask me, the real action is where the tasty cookies and baked treats are. This easy Halloween cookie recipe is effortlessly festive and wickedly delicious!
When it comes to store-bought sugar cookies, it usually never fails that the seasonal sugar cookies are a bit too crumbly and have an odd, floury taste to them (if you know,you know!). So I thought to myself, what if we could have all the flavorful and buttery
goodness of those iconic cookies without the downsides? Just like that, this simple recipe for Halloween cookies was born on the foundation of the best sugar cookie recipe you’ll ever make.
• These cookies stay soft for days (and freeze wonderfully, if for some weird reason you don’t eat them all in one sitting!).
• Full of delicious vanilla and butter flavors.
• You don’t have to spend time rolling out or chilling the dough in the refrigerator - because who has the time these days?
• Be sure to lean closer to under-baking these cookies than to over-baking them! The magic of these are in the texture - slightly golden on the outside and a little puffy. Once they cool, the texture will harden further.
• Press your candy eyeballs onto the cookies AFTER they come out of the oven. Rumor has it, they’ll melt if they’re baked directly in the oven.
• The sprinkles that you choose shouldn’t be too large, or they won’t hold well in the dough. Stick to confetti or Jimmie sprinkles for the best adhesion.
Ready for the recipe? Let’s get baking! One of the best parts about making this recipe is that aside from your decorative elements, you’ll only need basic ingredients that more than likely already live in your kitchen.
• 1 cup butter, unsalted
• 2 1/2 cups flour
• 3.5 tsp baking powder
• 1 & 1/4 cup sugar
• 3 egg yolks
• 1 tbsp vanilla extract
• 1 tsp salt
• Halloween sprinkles - go for Jimmie-style or confetti sprinkles in orange, black, purple, and lime green. Bonus points for eyeball sprinkles!
• Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line one large baking sheet with parchment paper.
• In a medium-sized bowl, cream the salt, sugar, butter, and baking soda until light and fluffy. Add in the egg yolks and vanilla extract and continue to beat untilthoroughly combined. For best results, use an electric mixer on medium speed.
• Gradually add in the flour and beat until fully combined.
• Using a 2 tbsp cookie scoop, gently scoop out the dough onto your lined bakingsheet and roll the tops in multicolored Halloween sprinkles! Here’s where you canget creative. Be sure to set aside the eyeball sprinkles - those don’t get added until the cookies come out of the oven!
• Bake for 10-12 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through cook time.
• Once the cookies come out of the oven, press the eyeballs gently into the top of the dough.
• Let cool and enjoy!
There you have it, simple Halloween cookies that are easy and effortlessly cool. The kids will love the decor and the adults will love the flavor!